Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dream Come True



“It was a hot summer morning. The sun was out. The heat was ON. I was enjoying myself in the a/c. Suddenly I realised that only 2 mins were left for the train to depart. I had to get down quickly coz the compartment was crowded. Holiday season was on after all. I got down. This time SHE came till the gate to see me off. Quiet ironical actually. She gave me all the last mins advice as to how I shud stay happy & get on with my life.

I dint want to listen to it. I just wanted a hug. She gladly gave me one. Then she got back on the train as it slowly started to catch its pace and move towards a destination far far away from where I was.

I dint want her to go. But couldn’t make her stay. No matter how hard I run, the train wud have eventually left the platform & my sight forever!!

The Phone rang..& I woke up..all sweaty & wet sleeping in my room..Realising it was all just a dream. (Never mind the phone call).

I tried to sleep again, but this dream broke my Much Needed & Peaceful afternoon Nap.

I was much relieved at that point coz I realised that the pain of seeing sum1 u love, GO, was actually not for real, instead was just a dream.

But don’t people say that Din ke Sapne hamesha sach hote hain??

So was this 1 a similar kind of a dream???

Is this saying at all true??

Is it a fact or fiction??

Millions of thoughts were running thru my mind..& wat was supposedly just another mid-day dream actually became my food for thought for the entire evening.

..........

But all said and done, u all would still b wondering that who was the girl that I was talking bout earlier, then I must tel u that since it was a dream, I forgot her face as soon as I woke up. Though it may leave a bad taste for all of u but it also kills ME from within, as even I wanted to know who this mystery girl was, whose departure caused so much pain & agony within me. I racked my brains for quite some time but then I realised.. what would I do if I did eventually found out who she was?

Would I go over and try to stop her or would I forget it as a stupid dream?

Would I try to know her better or would I stay away from her?

Then something made me realise, that true joy lies in not knowing what lies ahead.. Its in climbing the mountain and not in sitting at the top and enjoying the view. It lies in forever yearning for something and not confusing happiness with satisfaction. Happiness we get from possessing something we desire is only Momentary but being Satisfied from within is wat makes it stay.

If desires die.. so does the happiness.. that dreaming is more fun than waking up and realising them..

And I guess reading this “philosophical outtake” of mine would have induced some realisation in you, so I propose u do exactly wat I did then.. go back to sleep!! :P

PS: For further reference.. listen to ‘Phir Dekhiye’, a splendid but often overlooked track from Rock On!!

2 comments:

Pallav said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

LOLZ.. good one brrro..

;)

Bnits said...

Thanx pallav..i dnt know wat i wud do without u in my life.thanx again man..love u!!